Saturday, June 27, 2009

Goodbye Friend


Today, my dear Sadie dog had to be put down. She was 15 and was my dog growing up. We all loved her, even when she jumped up on the table and ate our food, or stole our packs of gum, and grabbed the toothpaste. I remember the day we picked her out. My Dad surprised us! Then on our way to surprise my Mom she snuggled her head in my arms it was love at first sight! Why is it so hard when it's their time to go? We knew it was time and she was not happy anymore. But it is still so hard. She lived a long and happy life. I will miss her. Love you always!!!

5 comments:

CoLiE-O said...

that is so hard! im very sorry! its amazing how they become a part of the family!!

patty said...

Very sweet post Lace.This was a hard day for all of us. She was a great little puppy dog. We loved her so much. Love ya.

.mel. said...

Always a sad day. It's like losing a part of the family for sure. I'm sorry for all your family, but just think, I'm sure Sadie is much happier now!

Sherie said...

Oh sweet Sadie...I'm so sorry. What a hard thing to go through. I hope that she is running and playing with Dexter!

stefanie said...

Oh guys . . . I'm so, SO sorry! We grew up with Sadie always around, it just makes me so sad to think about! I'll be thinking of you and all the fam!

xo