Sunday, November 18, 2007

Well it has taken me a while to update my blog. I am very sorry for that! I have had a great month of November so far. There has been so many things to be thankful for! A few of them are family and friends!!! Last week Darren's mom (Debbie) came to visit. Debbie and I had a very fun couple of days shopping and eating out. We went to Ikea and bought a chair for our front room. There was an empty space in the corner with a bar stool and a lamp just taking up space. Kevin (Darren's brother) had said, sarcastically, that it looked very inviting and that he was going to curl up and read a book! So we had to fix it so people would want to sit down in that corner. We bought the chair not realizing that it was slightly bigger than the Acura's trunk. As we were trying to push it in or attempting to, this nice man walked past and asked if we needed help? Luckily he had bungee cords to tie it to the back of the trunk. Just picture this in your mind what this man was thinking! Meanwhile I was not quit sure on how to get home without going on the freeway. But an hour later we had arrived at home, only taking the side streets and only getting lost twice. Mission accomplished!
Next I am thankful for old friends and new friends! Laura and Ashley decided to come to visit again! They can't get enough of Darren, Chip and me. We had a great weekend with them and were able to visit with Melissa and Mike Meru. We spent late nights enjoying friendships and discussions. Thank you to Courtney who also helped entertain our good friends.

Last but not least I had four new couples over in our ward for dinner and game night. It's so fun to start meeting, and getting to know these new friends we have made. I am very thankful for this time of year that we can ponder our thoughts about what we have in our lives to be grateful for. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! As I venture off on a road trip with my dear sweet bother back home I know I will be enjoying this time of year!

4 comments:

Carlee said...

Was it Darren who responded to the BYU/UTAH game? If not, Lacey I thought you were a Utes fan!! It was an intense game...Totally bummed about the ending :( although I'll admit BYU did in fact play better than us..Yuck. Did I just admit BYU played better? Better document it, cause hopefully I'll never have to say it again!!

Anika said...

Your Christmas tree is so pretty!

The Crosman Family said...

Where are you? Why havn't you updayed your page?I did it!!! I set up our own blog! Crosmanfamily.blogspot.com!!!

Love ya

Ashley and Ezra said...

Lacey, I love your tree! Im so excited to see you this month at our Christmas Party!!! Miss you tonz, and love you more! -Ash