Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jobless!

As most of you know I have been working at Maly's. It is a wholesale beauty supply store that only licensed hair dressers can buy from. I have only been their 4 months, but it has been way too long. In the beginning I didn't really like it and in the end I didn't like it much better. The manager was very rude! You never new what kind of a mood she was going to be in. Today after being treated bad once again I finally had a falling out and quit! I didn't even give two weeks notice, (which is one of my favorite movies) I walked out and was done! So here is a list of what I can look forward of not having to be around anymore.
1. First not having to see my managers cleavage, Or butt!
2. Getting out of gay West Hollywood, I mean it!
3. Not having to cater to every uptight know it all hairstylist in Beverly Hills, or mainly their assistants! (There are some very nice ones though)
4. Not hearing the "F" word 100 times a day!

Now here are some things I do get to look forward to
1. Look for a new job!!!! OK, I'm not really looking forward to that.
3. Enjoying the 75 degree weather in sunny California (maybe I can get a tan now).
4. Not working tomorrow!
5. Hopefully finding a salon that I can enjoy, wish me luck!
6.Last but not least, if I don't find a salon my kitchen is available!

10 comments:

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

That sucks!! I'm glad you quit, though. Not the best environment or people to be around. Hey-- at least you got to see Britney Spears! Thats one perk!

Mindi

Janina Herbert said...

haha! ohh, lacey, that was such a funny blog! (i mean, it's sad that you had to deal with all that junk for 4 months, but it was funny the way you said it - it sounded like a movie!) oh, speaking of movie - two weeks' notice is one of my favorite movies, too! we should DEFINITELY have a girls' movie night sometime with all the girls in our new little group! i think that'd be SO much fun!

and i'm really proud of you for quitting! i wanna hear all about it - did you throw your worker's apron in the air and yell "I QUIT!!" or did you do something else?? either way, i can't wait!

yay for not having to work! i'll see you on sunday:)

Ashley and Ezra said...

Lace, Way to go! noone needs to put up with a job they hate, there are too many other things in this life for us to do and experience to be stuck in some dead end job hating our lives! Im proud of you! Keep us all updated on the new job search...or lack there of! Enjoy your time off!

patty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!! Lacey I'm so proud of you. You did the right thing.Now you can find a salon and use your wonderful talent doing hair.xoxo Love You Forever, Mom P.S. Wish I could be there with you today.

Anika said...

Good for you! That is hilarious! I would love to hear what you said to your manager!

The Crosman Family said...

Lacey,

You are hilarious!!! We all hope you have a wonderful birthday today!!! We miss you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Love,
Josh, Tracy, Easton, & Brayden

.mel. said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! Hope you got my text. Good Luck job hunting! Have fun in the mean time. Talk to ya layta.

Sherie said...

Lacey,
Wanted to wish you a "late" Happy Birthday! Why not stretch it out as long as you can right?..
Quiting your job sounded like a good thing...happy job hunting!
take care,
Sherie

britney said...

lacey i know that you night find this really weird, but i ran across your blog. i have been thinking about the past and i know we didnt really end on a good note but i just wanted to tell you like 8 years later that i am sorry for everything i dont want to bring it all back up. i know that i hurt you and i still to this day feel really bad. please please respond to me. let me know how you feel. i know this is really random i have been meaning to write you a letter for years. hope you are doing well i would really like you hear from you.
sincerly britney kerekes (lund)

Julia said...

i love this! i wish i could have seen this happen.