Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Called To Serve"


Today my dear sweet brother, Elder Latimer left to go to the MTC. We took him down to the MTC and dropped him off. What a bitter sweet day. I have never been down to the MTC to have that experience. I have to say that it was amazing to see all the new missionaries their arriving to serve our church. It is a wonderful thing to see all the young missionaries taking the time to serve our Lord for two years. Who new that it could be so hard to say goodbye. I am so proud of my brother for all the preparation that he has gone to. He will be an amazing missionary. He also spoke in church last Sunday and did great! He has grown up and is just so fun to be around!

For Darren's birthday we all gave him a Wii and were able to play it together. Darren sadly had to leave early to go back to school but was so kind to let us keep it. Tyson and I had so much fun playing that together. I will miss him in always beating me. But I know that the people in Omaha, Nebraska will need him more than I will.

I am grateful for the opportunity to have a brother go out on a mission and will cherish the next two years of being able to write to him. I know he will do wonderful and he knows that Darren and I will always be praying for him. But for now I will be a bit emotional hopefully that doesn't last long!

2 comments:

.mel. said...

I seriously can't believe Tyson is a missionary already, Crazy! He will be great!

Ashley and Ezra said...

Lacey, he is going to be such a great missionary! What a cute pic with all the siblings together! CUTE, CUTE!