Monday, April 7, 2008

Another new job!

Most of you know I have had my fair share of career changes in last eight months. Well my new job will working part time at the Gap. I have decided to not give up doing hair but simply taking a brake from the competitiveness in L.A. I still do hair in my kitchen but I just don't want to be someones slave in a salon. So I will be starting my new job this Friday. I have to admit and I am sure that some of you already know that I have thoroughly enjoyed my time not working. So now that I am venturing into the work force once again I have a good feeling about this one. I am really just enjoying job hunting!!!! J/K Meanwhile during my job searching I have had a chance to really make wonderful meals for Darren and me. I have to say I am pretty proud of myself. I guess it's like I am a newlywed all over again, since I never cooked before we moved out here. If anyone has any good recipes let me know!

8 comments:

Julie Bird said...

That is awesome! Congrats! Which locations will you be working at? I will have to come visit you! By the way...happy 4 year anniversay (a little late :)

patty said...

My dear little Lacey,Life is such an adventure.We learn so much from every step.Just think of the new people you have met along the way.I wish you lots of luck and joy in your new job. I know you have become quite the little cook.I think you have surprised yourself that you know so much about the kitchen.You can call me any time.Love you Babe, Mom

Julie said...

How fun the gap. If I worked there my whole paycheck would go right back to them. If you find any good recipes send them on my way.

britney said...

how have been. just wanted to tell you that i never knew how strong you were. i think that its is great to support your husband, move away from your family get new jobs. i really respect you. i honsetly dont think that i could do it. just so you know and i was just checking up. good luck
britney

.mel. said...

Good Luck @ the new job! Hope you have a better experience than me... I worked @ Gap for like 2weeks and absolutley HATED it! You'll have to let me know how it goes...

Ashley and Ezra said...

Lacey...Im so Proud! Its more fun not having a job, but hang in there and Im sure you will grow to enjoy it! You will get to meet new people, and get a great discount on clothes...who could ask for more? haha well keep me updated on how it goes! luv ya -Ash
p.s. I have been cooking too! It feels so good to actually have a real dinner and not just cereal every night :) I will emial you some of my favorite recipies I've used so far...you too Julie! and if you guys have any for me...dont be shy!

Katie said...

i have come up with some good one since i became a "stay at home mommy". what kind of recipes are you looking for... food network is becoming my favorite station!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Will I be the first boy to leave a comment? I have great way to cook a steak on the grill! We miss and love you guys. If I wasn't endowed I would ask you to kook me up with the boxers at Gap, but now there is nothing that I really want there. They don't wranglers do they? Good luck, and next time you coem over I will have a big batch of laundry for you to fold and show me the art. They fold clothes so good there. You will need to teach us.