Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"AMERICAN IDOL" Part 1


So, I am sure you are wondering what is this post about. Well it is true, I went to AmErIcAn IdOl!!!! My dear mother-in-law was coming in town for a couple of days and decided to ask one of Todd's co-workers if she could get us two tickets. Let's back up a bit. Well she is able to go every week because her good friend works for FOX. That good friend gives her tickets to every Tuesday night show. So she was kind enough to ask if she could get two more and she did.

So what an experience it was. We had to be to CBS studios by four o'clock. They gave us wrist bands and put us in our seats. A guy that sounded like Ryan Seacrest was their to warm up the audience and pump us up. The show began! It was amazing to hear the music and to really be their when Ryan said, "This is American Idol"! During each commercial break the judges got out of their seats. Paula had her stylist following her and Simon had to go out for a smoke break. During Syesha's song Nigel Lithgow, a producer and judge for "so you think you can dance", was dancing the night away!

Yes, you could see Debbie and I for two seconds when Ryan was in the audience shooting. We were up at the top waving. After the show we were able to go out and wait for the Idols to come out. We had them autograph our tickets and had pictures taken with them. Now that is why this is part 1. The nice people we were with had an Iphone and took all kinds of pictures of us. So I am waiting for them to email them to me. That will come soon.

What fun this was. I know it sounds kinda funny but what a dream come true. I have been a true fan of Idol ever since it has been on. Give or take a few missed shows during some of the seasons I didn't care for. But we all know I do enjoy this show. And so does Debbie. We had a great night and it was a great experience. They did a great job tonight and they really do sound even better in person. What powerful voices they have!

My votes go out for the David's and Syesha! Sorry Jason not my fav! Part 2 on it's way!

4 comments:

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Yeah! How fun! That would be so fun to go to. I'm jealous. I watched it last night in hopes of finding you :) You will have to tell me when you were on and I will look for you. I'm very excited and am anticipating lots of pictures!

Lindsey Sharp said...

I would love to go see that show! What a cool experience!!

CoLiE-O said...

How fun! I am not a big A.I. fan (Its b/c I am studying all the time and cant watch) but I am still jealous. I bet your heart was racing the whole time. Tell Darren hi from Stanton. Hope you are doing well. I will check your blog often :)

Anika said...

Oh my gosh! I am so jealous! That is awesome!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!