Today Darren and I had a great day! We started it off with packing a picnic and taking a drive up the Pacific Coast highway to Zuma beach in Malibu! It was a gorgeous day, Hot, sunny and crowded. We picked a great spot and hung out at the beach. As you can see from the picture above, Darren is pretty white and needed to get out in the sun. I think he was the palest person on the beach. If he wasn't he was atleast in the bottom five. While we were driving to Malibu we saw the crazy gas prices. When is it going to go down? Instead it reaches higher and higher! Below is a picture of the gas prices in Malibu! Hopefuly it dosen't reach that high in Utah!
While at the beach we had a relaxing time walking along the waves and watching dolphins swimming out in the ocean. We really do need to go to the beach more often. I know everyone thinks you would go all the time if you lived by one, but we don't! We are going to try harder now that we had such a great time!
On our way home Darren realized he had forgotten to put sunscreen on the front of his legs and feet and now they are fried! It is truly a funny sight! In the picture it dosen't even do justice. Tonight they are on fire and glowing!!!
To top off our day we went to see the Hulk. It was pretty good. Intense and leaving you a twist in the end. For anyone who has seen the movie you know what I am talking about. We had such a great time today and I have decided to try something out. I am going to have a thankful journal all about California. What I will be doing is writing about what I am thankful for that week in California. I feel this will help me appreciate where I am and the situation I am in. Today was the obvious, beaches! The beautiful surrounding we have around us everyday, the dolphins swimming, the sun shining, and the time with my husband. God's creations are truly amazing!
Sorry this post was so long. Normally my posts are short and sweet. But today was to great to shorten up!
3 comments:
Yay for new posts! Keep 'em coming. We love hearing about our Cali friends.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE LIVING IT UP OUT THERE IN CALI! HOPE THE SUNBURN IS DOING BETTER DARREN. I SWEAR THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN BEING BURNT.
Hey you guys I am glad that you found us. How is LA? Are you coming back to Utah anytime this summer? We need to get together for a BBQ or something! We'll check back often.
Post a Comment