_c.jpg)
Darren and I are probably some of the luckiest people in the world. We were able to fly home this past weekend to surprise Darren's brother Kevin, for his 30Th birthday party. We are so lucky to be able to see our family so often. They mean so much to us and we are grateful for them. We flew in Friday morning so Darren could surprise Kevin at his doorstep to take him golfing. He was so surprised! Darren, his dad, and Kevin went to lunch and played golf all afternoon. Just when they were arriving home there were Kevins friends and family to surprise him. We had an enjoyable time and Chantel you did a great job!
Now on to my title on Relationships. We were also lucky to have attended a couples retreat with our last ward we were in before we moved. It was at the Lion House. Todd and Debbie came too. It was something I needed! I was telling Darren I really just needed a spiritual uplifting and I sure did get it! It started at 9:00 a.m. with John Bytheway speaking. He spoke on how we are all on a bicycle together and with each addition we should all be peddling. John Bytheway said, "We need to focus on peddling, not on costing." It was a great talk. He also explained that we should never have our spouse wonder what we think about them and how we feel for them. We need to always express that for them and people around us. The other two speakers were Brad Wilcox and Scott Anderson. We had lunch at the Lion house and were able to walk around Temple Square. It was such a gorgeous Fall day! It was a wonderful experience to listen to these three men and be taught on how to better our relationships. (Now, I am not perfect so don't kill me if I struggle with it some times)!
I sure do miss Fall. I discovered that I miss Fall at night time when it cools down and you are wrapped up, all nice and warm, and you breath in that nice cool crisp air! In Cali it's a little humid so it's not as crisp.
We also spent some much needed time visiting with my Great Grandpa Jack, and Darren's Grandma! We enjoyed dinner with my family at Cafe Rio and faster then we new it we were back home having Cortney and Laura pick us up at the airport. It was a great weekend thanks again everyone!
P.S. Laura, and Cortney thank you for being the best est of friends and watching Chip!
4 comments:
That sounds like a great weekend! I am always in need of a good spiritual uplift. Thanks for sharing what you learned.
Hey, Lacey, it was great to see you!!
It was a quick trip, but I also feel very lucky to see you so often. I wish I could have been at the retreat.It sounded wonderful. I will be sure to let my Hubby know how much he means to me.Thanks for the advice.Love Mom
hey- stanton and i go to workshops put on my scott anderson too. they are so awesome!! he is so enthusiatic, he keeps my attention the enitre time...and i learn something!
Post a Comment