Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Tonight Show!





This last Wednesday my mom flew in for a visit! Thursday we had tickets for the Tonight Show. We had four tickets so I invited a couple from our ward. Jesse and Julia. We went early and it paid off. We were able to sit on the floor so that when the show began we were able to stand up and shake Jay Leno's hand! It was a fun experience. The guests that night were Natalie Coughlin, the Olympic swimmer, Gordon Ramsey from Hell's kitchen, and Missy Higgins. Now I can check that off on my to do list while I am in California!

Friday, we went to the Body works exhibit. It was really neat to see how our body's look like and how it moves. Saturday we spent the day in Malibu at the beach, eating yummy Mexican food and shopping! Sunday we went to church, had a visit from our Home teacher, Dr.Rey and watched the 2ND season of Heroes! Monday we also decided that we wanted another beach day so we went with some of our friends and went to Santa Monica.

I really enjoyed having my mom come and visit. She really needs to come more often so I can have her here to go shopping with! The time flew by and I was sad to have her leave. Thanks Mom for coming and spending time with us. I appreciate all you do. Miss you!

6 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

awwww! your post made me really miss MY mom! i'm so glad she was able to visit you - i know i don't need to tell you that you are SO lucky to have your mom live close enough that she could fly down in a jiffy!

anyways, i'm glad you had an awesome weekend, and it was SO great to spend time with all of you on monday! :)

(PS- and i LOVE the new profile picture of you and darren at the beach! gorgeous!)

CoLiE-O said...

Is dr rey really your home teacher? isnt he the one that wears cut off shirt-scrubs? and likes karate (or somethin like that)? obviously i have only watched bits and pieces of the show.
btw- i told joci congrats from you guys:)

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Dr Rey is your hometeacher? Like as in Dr. Rey, Dr Rey? I'm pretty upset that you never told me that he was your hometeacher! How funny!You should probably get a picture of the 3 of you to prove it! :)

patty said...

I had a great time. Lace,you and Darren are great Hosts.You always make me feel so welcome.It was fun getting to know some of your friends.(and your home teacher)We really should have taken a picture.Love you both,Mom

Jodie said...

Geeze - you guys are livin' it up in Hollywood over there! Sounds like you're having all sorts of cool experiences...good for you. We miss having you in young womens though. Any chance they put you in it over there?

Cassi said...

Hey, I am changing my blog to invit only so can I get your e-mail address so I can shoot you over an invite? Thanks! cassiostler@hotmail.com