Yesterday Darren and I were talking about scams. There was a scam out there that if you buy two plane tickets you were guaranteed tickets to the Oprah Winfrey show. Darren then says, "what idiot would do something like that????" He proceeded to rip on people who are dumb enough to sign up for things like that.
Fast forward to today. Darren came home to find a post card in the mail that says FREE golf club! Call this number to receive a new Hybrid Iron. In a matter of seconds he was on the phone to get his club. I was in the kitchen making a cake for Easter, when I hear him giving out our check card number. I walked in shocked and asked him what he was doing? He had to pay the shipping. After he got off the phone I told him what an idiot he was for falling for that! If he had to pay for shipping use a card that we don't use that often and with not that much money in it. I then reminded him of our conversation we had yesterday about the dummies that fall for scams. We started laughing so hard and I told him that he is now one of them!
Stay tuned to see if this really was a scam. Hopefully he really does get a new club without any hidden fees!
Stay tuned to see if this really was a scam. Hopefully he really does get a new club without any hidden fees!
2 comments:
I swear, it only happens that way. You only do dumb things if you've previously insulted someone's intelligence over it. Good luck on that!
What a funny story. It somehow does't seem like a scam if it involves something we really want. Good Luck Darren! (Did he know you were blogging about this Lace?)
Post a Comment