Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Overwhelmed

So, I have been trying to figure out what is the best car seat and stroller! I am obviously overwhelmed and confused. I can not make a decision for the life of me. It is so crazy all the items you have to get. Should I get this one or that one? Do I really need this? So I need help! Does anybody have a favorite?? Advice please.........

12 comments:

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Hi Lacey! hope you are doing good!!! I loooove Britax carseats. They have some of the highest safety ratings, and are awesome! Very worth the price! Thats what I got for all three of mine for infant seats and also for their bigger carseats as well once they grew out of infant seats. Good luck onthe car seat hunt!

Unknown said...

Lacey, I just got my bob running stroller (not just for running) and I feel like it meets all my needs in a stroller. It folds down pretty small so that it will fit in the back of the car and it moves so nicely. I have not used it yet because my baby is not here but I feel like I made the best choice. This is the link to check it out but I ordered mine for Babinski’s. http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/stroller_accessories.php?product_id=4

Tess and Dustin Eiden said...

loved loved the graco safe ride... and also the Britax! super great safety ratings. I love the bob running stroller too, but if you are more hardcore... I just got the Burley Encore! I love it for biking, running, strolling, and when you are in utah, cross country skiing:D You can't go wrong, with any running stroller though, I loved the size and mobility of them. Can't wait to see what you pick out!

Tess and Dustin Eiden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CoLiE-O said...

cant say i know much about strollers or car seats....but i do know that i wanna see preg pics!! asap!!

Ashley and Ezra said...

Lacey, you know I am no better at making a decision than you are, so I will just let you know what Ezra decided for us... (he actually reviews things and makes educated decisions, so I hope this helps: Stroller: BOB revolution Car Seat: Peg Perego (great crash safety features) I hope this helps! I know how overwhelming it can all be!

Chelsa said...

Hey Lacey, Congrats! I'm super happy for you to be a mom. Here's my opinion...(3 kids later)...I have the Bob and ended up selling it because I wished I had the Burley for running and biking. My kids love being pulled behind a bike! I think I used my Bob like 3 times. I never used it for the mall because it was too big and bulky. I needed a stroller that folded up smaller for my car. I have a Maclaren stroller that I love for strolling around. I have the peg infant carrier with the peg stroller and it's held up great too! I think the Orbit or Graco infant carriers are just as cute now though. (They used to be kind of plaid and ugly :). I think when I have the fourth I'll buy the orange and gray Orbit carrier because my peg will have expired. I have the Britax convertible carseat and have loved it too. My kiddos are about 18 lbs. at 6 months and don't fit in their infant carseats anymore anyway. The Britax Roundabout is great for facing backwards until they're a year old and you can turn them. Maybe your kids will stay little longer than mine. Good luck with everything! Chelsa

Kristen M said...

I have to be honest, while I don't have one yet I am in love with the BUMBLERIDE QUEEN BEE...it is truly beautiful. But also think the BOB is a good one too.

laura said...

ah, since we are in the midst of this, i'll let you know what i know - i have to agree with kristen in that the bumbleride is the cutest thing, and i've heard lots of positive things about it. we tried out the bumbleride jogger though, and i think the bob is better. their "jogger" would be good for a walking stroller, i think. the orbit also gets good reviews, is super cute, and will "grow with" your baby. so will the uppa baby - also adorable. that all being said, we are still going with the bob to use as an all around stroller. i like the feel of it, the safety features, and i feel we cant go wrong.

good luck!! xoxo

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

So exciting Lacey. Can't wait to see her. As far as advice...I am really not picky at all so I don't have much to offer. Good luck and have fun shopping for the little one!

Ali and Brian Babcock said...

the only thing i've heard that was really helpful is to see how much your carseat weighs without the baby in it. I was shocked at how much this differs from one to the other! Of course I'm ultra sensitive to this since we'll be lugging 2 but the chicco is 9 lbs whereas the graco snugride is 15 lbs. Yikes. I want killer arms but at what price you know?

Lisa Marie Trent said...

You are probably wondering where in the world I came from- but I'm only sifting through the blogs on other peoples blogs cause no one on my list has updated :)

I have the Bumbleride, in the orange and baby blue. The very one on your picture. It was the best purchase of my life. However, I got it when my son was 3 years old, so when it comes to wee little infants I'm not sure. But I think it has an attachment for a carseat, if so- then GET IT if you haven't already. We spend a lot of money on crappy strollers, and now I feel like my bumble is the cadillac of my world.

Good luck with the pregnancy :)

(This is Lisa Durham.. by the way)