Sunday, February 6, 2011

this time last year...


This time last year Darren and I started our journey to get baby M here. Wow! Amazing the changes that can take place in a year. I never thought I would be someone who would struggle in having kids. I thought that it may take some time but I didn't think I would have to see a Dr. for help. But we did. What a journey it was. Most of you know that I am one of the biggest wimps. I can't watch when getting blood drawn, I get weak at hospitals, and I HATE shots. Needless to say I shocked myself. I have never had so many needles stuck in me, Dr. appointments, and procedures done. It was very humbling. As I first sat in my Dr.'s room waiting for the instructions for our IVF to start I was nervous, excited and scared. But thanks to all my loved ones, Darren and I felt your prayers and words of encouragement. Darren was a trooper. He prepared every shot and medication that I needed to take. He took care of me with selfless love. I love him more than ever. When I had to go on bed-rest he cleaned our house, got me meals, watched shows with me and held me when I needed a good cry. I have to admit I am pretty proud of myself. I survived the shots and medications. I made it through 4 weeks of bed rest. I grew up. I said I would never go through it again. But guess what? I would. It was worth it. Seeing my precious little girl everyday I would do it all over in a heart beat. I have so many emotions this week as a year ago it began. I was looking through our medical file and there are pictures of the 2 embryos they put in me. Which one was baby M? Thank you baby M for fighting and hanging in there to be part of our family. Thank you friends and family for praying and haning in there with us through this journey. I don't know what our future holds with children but I would do it again.

Happy 3 Months!

{Stats}
12 lbs. 1.5 oz. {50%}
24 inches {75%}

Mckinly loves....

she loves her hands
has become very active
rolled over twice from back to stomach 1/31/11
loves her play gym
loves her doggy blankie when tired. it soothes her!

6 comments:

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Cute post lacey.. mckinly is so cute! Can't wait to see u guys in a couple of weeks.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Happy Three Months!!! She is just the most adorable girl ever!

patty said...

I love these blogs!! Not only do I get to hear your heartfelt emotions, but I get to see my beautiful little grandbaby.(love those lashes) I can't wait to hold her again!!

Sherie said...

She's a doll!

stefanie said...

Love her.

Julie Bird said...

awww. make me cry why don't ya!