Sunday, January 27, 2008

Callin' Baton Rouge


Wow, have I had a couple of fun weekends! This weekend Darren's mom, two sisters and sister-in-law came in town to go see GARTH BROOKS!!! The family came in on Friday night but their flight was late so we missed our dinner reservations so we went to a local Pizza joint and then stayed up till 1:00 am catching up. Saturday we woke up and went to the mall at the Grove, we ate lunch and shopped. From there we went to the Staples Center for the concert. The stadium was sold out and was a packed house. He sang for about an hour and forty-five minuets straight. I was amazed that he was able to keep the energy up for the entire show. This was his fourth concert in two days and he still had one more concert to do later that night. All the proceeds went to the fire victims in Southern California and they were able to raise 10 million dollars!! It was such a fun concert. Thanks to the Neilson family (and for Rich's tickets) for making this such a great weekend.

6 comments:

.mel. said...

You are just a busy-body out there! Sounds like you had a fun birthday! We'll have to come pay a visit one of these days!

britney said...

thank you for responding you dont know what a huge weight you lifted off my shoulders. it sounds like you have a great husband. and you are happy. hope you had a good birthday.
britney

patty said...

Lacey, I miss you and D!!!(and the chippster) I'm glad you are staying busy.Congrats on the new job!You will be a great stylist in southern Cal. I love the spicy dark hair.You look HOT!!Love ya Mom

Anika said...

Looks like you have had a fun few weeks! Happy (late) Birthday!

Anika said...

Lacey, we moved to Sandy in the Quarry Bend townhomes where the gravel pit used to be. We really like it! You need to come and visit!

Julie said...

Hi Lace, I tagged you so check my blog.