Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vacation

So Darren and I have had a great last two weeks. We had to get everything in before he went back to school which was Tuesday. Darren finished up his internship. Which was a great experience! So we headed off to Utah for a week. It was an enjoyable week of seeing family and friends.


My cousin Tracy

We went to Scipio to go boating, Darren fit in golfing and I had a great pedicure and massage. What could have been better? We said our goodbyes until next time and headed for Newport beach. Our vacation didn't end! Darren's family rented out a beach house on Balboa for a week. We had a wonderful time. We went to Disneyland, Knottsberry farm (which wasn't my fave), a Dodgers game and lets not forget the amazing beaches in Newport! We enjoyed walking through Balboa, eating lots of sand, me showing my naked body parts to the beach (Darren left me to some major waves that I almost died in!!!!!) Eating lots of yummy food and watching the Dodgers win in the bottom of the ninth!

It was really nice to have two weeks off just to play. I really enjoyed seeing all of our family and us makes you realize how much we miss seeing them all of the time. Thank you to all of our family for such a wonderful two weeks! Now that things are slowing down I can get back to reading Breaking Dawn. Which I know most all of you are finished I will catch up!
Waiting in line for Peter Pan! Todd, Debbie, Katie and Ashlynn
Dodger game!
Chillin at the beach house. Waiting for us girls!
Colton, Darren, me, Jordan, Nikki and Roger


7 comments:

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Yeah! It looks like a lot of fun! Newport is the best!

patty said...

Cute pictures Lace!I'm glad you guys had fun. What a nice way to end the summer breck. Now it's back to school and work,until I get there.I'm looking forward to my visit!!!Love Ya, Mom

CoLiE-O said...

looks like you guys had a blast! we're sad we couldnt see you guys when you were here...maybe next time?

Jill said...

I love blogs. It's nice to be able to stay all caught up. You look great! Sounds like you guys had a good time.

Erin Bradley said...

Lace you always have liked showing off your body parts. A little modesty would be nice at a family beach:) Glad you guys had fun and can't wait to come to sunny Cali. Less than a month away, WAHOO!!!

The Eerkes' said...

Lacey!
I miss you so much! This is Kim, and I haven't found someone to do my hair quite as good as you did. Still searching... Wanna come back and do it just once??
I hope all is well out there in So. Cal.

Kats said...

Darren and Lacey,

I am so jealous of you guys. That looks like an absolute blast! Especially, because you were able to go to my favorite place on the planet, Scipio!!! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you all hey, and let my other family that I miss them all. Take care you two, and I think that I will have to come out and visit this winter, I am getting really sick of these harsh Chicago winters.

Best,

Kats