Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Prop 8
I am not one to always talk about politics, if at all. Prop 8 passed yesterday. Yea!!!!! Most of you have probably already heard about it. It will protect marriage between a man and a woman. But tonight was very disturbing! The back of my house faces Santa Monica Boulevard. So we get some pretty loud noises from time to time. Tonight Darren and I heard loud people screaming and cars honking. We walked out on our deck to see protesters walking towards the Los Angeles Temple. They were holding Vote No on Prop 8 signs and Equality for all signs. So living blocks away from the Mormon temple I hoped in the car and drove by. In the matter of minutes police cars were out protecting the Temple and trying to clear the streets. The people were walking out in the road blocking cars and yelling. I had the sickest feeling inside. It makes me feel awful when people can't get along. I wish this debate would be over, the California people have voted, but I know it will continue for a long time. Just thought I would write down some of my thoughts and concerns. When will it end?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I know how you feel. There have been a ton of protestors where we are at too.
You're KIDDING! Woah! When did this happen? It must've been while I was at choir practice...anyways, that is CRAZY! It makes me so sad, too, to think that these people won't give up until they get what they want. Also, I was telling Matt yesterday (and this might be a bit extreme, but...) how I think the reason the "No on 8" people have been getting SO ANGRY about all of this is because Satan is the founder of that movement...and Satan is the father of contention. SO that's my theory :P
Anyways, I hope we see you tonight at the book club! You totally don't even have to read the book (they announced that in RS) - I just wanna see you! :)
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that. I wonder why people are going after the Mormons? Many religions were in favor of the ban including many Catholics. Everything always get blamed on the Mormons though! I'm sorry for all the contention!
that is so disturbing! i saw the commerical that mocked the lds missionaries and our church for supporting prop 8. it makes me sick. i guess its just a sign of the times....
Unfortunately Lace it's probably only going to get worse...
i have been struggling with this whole "rally" thing lately. i felt like no one was sticking up for us. its actually upset me quite a bit. check out my blog..i was comforted by an article...
It's a mess isn't it?! anyways... I'm glad you guys stopped by, I have missed you!!!
i totally agree, it is disturbing. there was protesters on temple square the other day also. what is the world coming too?!
Oh my heck Lacey! Somehow I stumbled across your blog while looking at a friends who is a friend of yours...CRAZY and what a small world. Looks like you are doing awesome and hopefully we can keep in touch through the blog world. Good luck in L.A.!!
Lauren (Fox) Parks
Remember from SLCC cosmetology??
Oh my heck, LACEY!!! I am SOOO glad you found me! I seriously was thinking about you TODAY. I am not even lying. You look like you are doing well. Why are you living in Cali? If Zak could live anywhere that would be the place. I miss you girl. Keep in touch! and I will continue to stalk you via blogger world! Love ya!
Post a Comment