Sunday, January 23, 2011

28

This past Monday I turned 28. Darren made the day wonderful like he always does. I may not have left the house until 6 but it was the best birthday because I spent it with the two loves of my life.
Last night as I was feeding Mckinly I was listening to "Remember When" by Alan Jackson. That song makes me cry every time I hear it! When Darren and I were engaged I cried in this song because I thought of my parents having their children leaving the house. Now that I am getting closer to 30 (scary) I really did think it sounded old. Now Darren and I are in the stage when we have a new little one. It makes me sad to think how fast time goes by and we will be old and gray someday. It made me think how I need to live more in the now and soak up the precious time we have with each other. It makes me exited to see Mckinly grow up in all her stages. But for now I will take each day and enjoy it, even through this time while Darren is studying for the bar. Darren's schedule is as if we are living Groundhog day over and over. I will look back on this time in months to come and miss it. So for now I will enjoy!

Here are the lyrics by Alan Jackson

Remember when I was young and so were you
and time stood still and love was all we knew
You were the first, so was I
We made love and then you cried
Remember when

Remember when we vowed the vows
and walked the walk
Gave our hearts, made the start, it was hard
We lived and learned, life threw curves
There was joy, there was hurt
Remember when

Remember when old ones died and new were born
And life was changed, disassembled, rearranged
We came together, fell apart
And broke each other's hearts
Remember when

Remember when the sound of little feet
was the music
We danced to week to week
Brought back the love, we found trust
Vowed we'd never give it up
Remember when

Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookn' back it's just a steppin' stone
To where we are,
Where we've been
Said we'd do it all again
Remember when
Remember when we said when we turned gray
When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when

8 comments:

laura said...

Mckinley is a little mini-Lacey! She's getting so big!! You look beautiful. I know this year is going to be a great one for you!! xoxo

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

I love that song! One of my favorites. Mckinly is so stinkin cute! I love it!

Ashley Blackburn said...

Happy Birthday Lace!!! Love you and Mckinly. :)

Sherie said...

Happy Birthday Lacey! ...McKinly is a little "minnie me" of YOU...DARLING

patty said...

My beautiful girls!! I love you both.

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Hope you had a good birthday! You are just as beautiful as ever in that picture with your precious daughter! She is so sweet! Ok, reading the lyrics to that song made me cry at my computer. :) The words are so real with life. Trust me when I say that before you know it she will almost be getting baptised! My little Aliyah is only a year away and I can not believe it. I still remember when she was brand new and Dave and I were just completely taken with her. We couldnt believe she was ours and so precious. They grow so quick! And it is the same with every baby! Enjoy all of her sweet little moments you have with her!

Julie said...

I hope your birthday was the best ever!

Erin Bradley said...

Cute post my friend! You only get better with age. You are a very dear friend and a beautiful person in so very many ways!!